Why create this blog?

Why did I create this blog???

I’ve created it in order to collect articles and video that exclusively chronicles and celebrates Michael's charitable work...with NO annoying advertising flashing in the periphery! I’ll also be including articles and video on how he has inspired others that have asked themselves “what more can I give?” Michael Jackson is a remarkable individual and has affected the lives of millions directly and indirectly through his music, dance, video, and his vision. The most significant part of that vision was his simple need to do his part to make this a better world. Hopefully Michael inspires you to do the same! Thank you. - Sandy

Saturday, August 21, 2010

How Did Michael Jackson Inspire Me? Prt 1


Tinkerbell - UK (2008)

Well, where do I begin…

Coming from a childhood of abuse, I always told myself if Michael can, so can I, and the fact I’ve always been known to help others before myself.

As a young girl, if I saw someone in need I would help them.

But my first big test came in 1998 as I tried to help get people to join the Heal the World Foundation and was given the name Heal the World girl. As well as doing two 24 hour fasts to raise money for World Vision as a charity raise awareness about Africa.

From 1998 - 2001 I helped my church raise money for it charity Hope Worldwise. Helping them raise money to build children’s homes, villages, hospitals and help fund churches in India and China. As well as getting homeless people off the streets of London, by reaching out to them with food and having a good old talk.

As a veggie since the age of 13 years, I don’t like to see animals be hurt or used badly in any form, so I helped to get animal labs closed down and still trying with Huntington.

Between 1998 - 2001 I sponsored my first child living in Uganda via Plan International UK, paying £12 a month so that she could go to school, have clothes to wear and food to eat.. 2001 - Present I sponsored another child from Brazil.

I believe if I help a child poorer then myself, then someone from above will give me with what I need to survive day to day.

As a eco - warrior I think that recycling is very imported to do. Now that I have a family of my own I try to teach why it’s important to save our dying planet.

As Michael keeps saying Heal the World!

I still help out for the Britsh Heart Foundation as much as I can, when I get a day free.
As the saying goes…Heal our planet for our children’s, children and their childrens, children.

Peace!

The Tinkerbell - UK

Source:
http://www.mjworld.net/features/inspired/page/4/

No comments:

Post a Comment